- Ontario -- Maps, 7 results
- City planning -- Ontario -- Toronto, 3 results
- Québec (Province) -- Maps, 2 results
- Geology., 2 results
- Mines and mineral resources -- Canada., 2 results
- McGill University -- History., 1 results
- Fur trade., 1 results
- Zoning., 1 results
- Architecture -- Canada., 1 results
- Medicine, 1 results
- Refers to graphic or photogrammetric representations of the Earth's surface or a part of it, including physical features and political boundaries, where each point corresponds to a geographical or celestial position according to a definite scale or projection.
- Art & Architecture Thesaurus
42 Archival description results for Maps (documents)
42 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- CA MUA MG1029
Cruttwell's two geological notebooks contain addresses delivered by him to the Cardiff Natural History Society and other groups, notes on mineral types and their distribution, particularly in Western Britain, as well as maps and section drawings, notes and clippings.
Cruttwell, Alfred Cecil, 1853-1901
- CA MUA MG2062
These papers contain Forbes' personal files of correspondence and clippings, some design materials and films of McGill football games. The personal files contain biographical materials such as his birth certificate, military commission and service records, and letters concerning his employment at McGill. Other files concern Forbes' designs for decorations for the 1951 Royal Visit, the McGill C.O.T.C., the Forbes Trophy for athletics, Forbes' involvement with McGill athletics and museums, and the career of his brother Kenneth Forbes, a painter. A number of diplomas and certificates awarded Forbes, as well as a photograph album, complete this series. Materials for designs include files on heraldry, a collection of illustrations from 19th century periodicals, designs for the Royal Visit decorations (a few, by Percy Nobbs, were used for the 1939 visit), maps, linocuts, bookplates, and programmes designed by Forbes for McGill events, ca 1925-1950. Thirty-four reels of motion picture film record McGill extramural football games (1947-1951). Films with sound track show the construction of the Currie gymnasium (1939-1940), and demonstrate the swimming techniques of Matt Mann. Additional biographical material is provided by obituary notices and letters of condolence to Mrs. Forbes, and by clippings of articles about Forbes.
Forbes, Duncan Stuart, 1889-1965
- CA MUA MG 4319-02-044
This file contains ephemera related to 50th reunion for the Arts class of 1912. Includes a name tag, dinner program, and map of McGill campus.