- Ornithology., 7 results
- McGill University -- History., 6 results
- McGill University. Faculty of Medicine -- Students., 6 results
- Travel, 6 results
- McGill University -- Students., 6 results
- Zoology., 6 results
- Birds -- Research., 6 results
- Ophthalmology -- History., 5 results
- McGill University -- Faculty., 4 results
- McGill University. Faculty of Medicine -- Faculty., 3 results
- Refers to still images produced from radiation-sensitive materials (sensitive to light, electron beams, or nuclear radiation), generally by means of the chemical action of light on a sensitive film, paper, glass, or metal. Photographs may be positive or negative, opaque or transparent.
- Art & Architecture Thesaurus.
239 Archival description results for Photographs.
234 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- CA MUA MG1056
Very few of the McLeod papers actually concern the Observatory. However, his work for the railways and in Newfoundland is documented, as are his views on the education and employment of engineers. The basic record for the early part of his career is a diary kept from 1870 to 1875, regarding student days and early work on the Observatory. An essay, "Winter under canvas" (1868) describes an early surveying job, and a letter from his father (1872) inquires about his academic progress. His work for the railways is documented by three letters of recommendation, and two letters (one from Stanford Fleming) on the work of his colleagues in the West. The Newfoundland survey (1875) is described in McLeod's diary, a manuscript essay "Across Newfoundland" (1876), his printed reports and three letters. His work at McGill is represented by six letters (largely official acknowledgements of appointments), and McLeod's manuscript notes on McGill history. McLeod's concern with the engineering profession is reflected in two addresses on education and professional development, and copies of about a dozen letters to Sir Wilfrid Laurier (1906-1908), C.A. McGrath and E.F. Wurtele (1912), largely on the employment of engineers in the civil service.
McLeod, Clement Henry, 1851-1917
- CA MUA MG 4319-04-006
This file contains a photo of the McGill Faculty of Arts class of 1902, including including Carrie Derick (MA) and Stephen Leacock (BA)
- CA MUA MG 4319-04-007
This file contains a photo of the McGill Faculty of Medicine class of 1910.
- CA MUA MG 4319-04-008
This file contains a photo of the McGill Faculty of Medicine class of 1911, including Maude Abbott (BA MD).
- CA MUA MG 4319-04-011
This file contains a photo of the McGill Faculty of Medicine class of 1912.
- CA MUA MG 4319-04-005
This file contains a photo of the McGill Faculty of Medicine class of 1913.
- CA MUA MG 4319-04-010
This file contains a photo of the McGill Faculty of Medicine class of 1914.