File 367 - Addition and Alterations to Royal Montreal Curling Club

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Addition and Alterations to Royal Montreal Curling Club

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

CA CAC 1-3-367

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • January 1929-September 1929 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

55 drawings : 6 ink on linen, 37 pencil on paper, 12 blueprints

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Custodial history

Scope and content

File consists of files for recreational club (addition: basement, 2 floors, lockers, lunch room; brick and stone; composite), including:
1 survey drawing: property plan
3 measured drawings: floor plans
1 sketch drawing; floor plan
20 development drawings: floor plans, elevations, sections, truss, rinks
6 working drawings: foundation plan, floor plans, roof plan, elevation, section
18 detail drawings: windows, stairs, door, vestibule, entrance and stair hall, lunch room, wainscot, lettering, plaster cornices, woodwork (including cornice, copings, vestibule, stair), stonework (including ornament, rondels, sills, keyblocks, entrance)
6 shop drawings: pipe sleepers, rink, trench, cooling box

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials


General note

The present curling shed was built in 1889, with the club house attached to the south end on St. Catherine Street. Three years later, the club house was moved to the north end and in 1912 was extended into its present form fronting on de Maisonneuve Boulevard.

General note

1850 St. Luke St. [de Maisonneuve Blvd. W.], Montreal, QC, Canada

Alternative identifier(s)

Nobbs database project ID


Nobbs database op number


Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres