Scottish Centre of Montreal

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Scottish Centre of Montreal

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence



Originally incorporated in 1961 under the name “Invergordon Scottish Centre”, the first “Scottish Centre” of Montreal was primarily managed by the Invergordon Camp of the Sons of Scotland Benevolent Association. Over the next few years, members from other Sons of Scotland camps participated in the administration of the Centre and the insurance plans that it offered. Thus, the decision to change the name to “The Scottish Centre of Montreal” was proposed and accepted.

“Invergordon Scottish Centre” was legally changed to “Scottish Centre of Montreal” in 1971. Originally located at 1216 Stanley Street in Montreal, the Scottish Centre moved to 1610 Stephens Avenue in Verdun in the summer of 1989. From 1989 to its closure in January 2018, the Scottish Centre served as a meeting place for various camps of the Sons of Scotland Benevolent Association and served as a location for community functions.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places