Title and statement of responsibility area
Partridge Island Quarantine Station Collection
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on content of collection.
Level of description
CA OSLER P212
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Partridge Island Quarantine Station
Physical description area
0.2 cm textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Partridge Island, the first quarantine station in Canada, was established in 1785, although its first use as a Quarantine Station is recorded as 1816. It is located in the Bay of Fundy off the coast of New Brunswick.
Purchased by the Osler Library in 2017 from Warren Baker. Provenance John Townsend.
Scope and content
Collection contains a manuscript note written by a doctor at Partridge Island, dated August 21, 1833, that a Mrs. Campbell is allowed to depart from quarantine; also includes a travel document for Mrs. Campbell and two other adults sailing from Belfast to St. John, NB.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script note
The documents are in English.
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
- Partridge Island Quarantine Station (Creator)