Showing 16 resultsArchival description
4 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA OSLER P205-10
Consists of books formerly belonging to the Library of the Medical College. These include:
- Kilgour, Frederick G. The Library of the Medical Institution of Yale College and its Catalogue of 1865. Yale University Press, 1960.
- Fenwick, George Edgeworth. Excision of the Knee-Joint. Dawson Brothers, Montreal, 1884.
- Renouf, E. M. Illustrations of the Medical Faculty, McGill University. McGill Faculty of Medicine, n.d.
- Shastid, Thomas Hall. The Description of an Opthalmoscope. Chicago: Cleveland Press, 1916.
- Casey Wood Collection. Letter inside from Thomas Hall Shastid, Feb 5, 1916.
- Holmes, A. F. Valedictory Addresses 1860-1861.
- Francis. W. W. Bibliotheca Osleriana. Oxford University Clarendon Press. Presented to the Cataloguing Department by W. W. Francis.
- Wood, Casey Albert. The Fundus Oculi of Birds Especially as Viewed by the Ophthalmoscope. Chicago: The Lakeside Press, 1917. Inscription to Maude Abbott “with compliments of the Author”
- Adams, Robert. Illustrations of the effects of Rheumatic Gout or Chronic Rheumatic Arthritis, on all the artiticulations; with descriptive and explanatory statements. MDCCCLVII
- Liebreich, Richard. Atlas D’Ophthalmoscope. 1863.
- Wagner, Daniel. Botanik oder Beschreiburg und Abbildung. Vienna (Wren), 1829.
- Benjamin, Martha. The McGill Medical Library 1829-1929. McGill University, 1960.
- Thesis for the Degree of Master of Library Science
- CA OSLER P205
A large portion of the collection is concerned with the growth of the Medical Library at McGill. Other than the Catalogue of Books from the Library of the Medical Faculty of McGill College which dates from 1845, the earliest preserved records are the handwritten Library Committee reports of Dr. Francis Shepherd, dating from 1880. The textual material includes early library reports, surveys, information about library staff, finance, gifts, procedures, as well as information regarding the Osler Library and departmental building plans and renovations. The collection also includes correspondence, notes, photographs, and artifacts associated with 'McGill Medical Men' including: James "King" Cook, Robert Palmer Howard, William Wright, Robert Lea MacDonnell, Richard Lea MacDonnell, Herbert Stanley Birkett, and others. There are many reprints in the collection – some bound into volumes, and many that include signatures and written notes. The collection also includes photographs, scrapbooks, and glass lantern slides (some of which are from World War One), books, and theses. The Medical Library's accession records, index cards, and journal cards are also preserved in the collection, still housed in their original catalogue drawers (see Series 7). The collection includes various announcements, university calendars and directories related to the Faculty of Medicine, as well as communication, meeting minutes, and essays belonging to the McGill Medical Society (1884-1907), the McGill Reporting Society (1926-1951), and the Montreal Dermatological Society (1930-1951). Lastly, the collection includes miscellaneous textual materials related to McGill and the Faculty of Medicine, for instance McGill student attendance cards from 1828-1872 (with course name and professor details).
McGill University. Medical Library