Royal Victoria Hospital Women's Pavilion

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Royal Victoria Hospital Women's Pavilion

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1843-

History

The University Lying-In Hospital was opened in 1843 with the Professor of Midwifery Dr. Michael McCulloch as its Director and other members of the McGill Medical Faculty as consulting physicians. The Hospital was incorporated in 1854; in 1884 its name was changed to the University Maternity Hospital and in 1887 its name changed again to the Montreal Maternity Hospital. In 1923, a merger was arranged with the Royal Victoria Hospital, and in 1926, the Montreal Maternity Hospital moved into a new building, now the Women's Pavillion of the R.V.H.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC