Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Lyman Pharmaceutical Company was established by George Wadsworth and Lewis Lyman in Montréal. In 1805 it was known as Lewis & Lyman. Later changes in title were Hedge & Lyman (1819); William Lyman & Co. (1836); Lymans, Savage & Co. (1855); Lymans Clare & Co. (1860); and Lyman, Sons & Co. (1879). In 1908 the name Lymans Ltd. was adopted and a joint-stock company was organized which replaced the earlier partnership associations. At one time it was the largest wholesale drug firm in Canada (as well as the oldest) and the third largest in North America. The company continued until 1951.