Fonds contains five notebook kept by medical student S. J. Bennett while studying at McGill University's Faculty of Medicine. Each notebook is devoted to a subject of study, including one notebook each labelled "Medicine", "Bacteriology" and "Obstetrics" and two notebooks labelled "Pathology." The notes inside are dated between 1907 and 1908. The notes are organized in some cases by instructor and in some cases according to medical conditions.
The fonds consists chiefly of student notebooks kept by F. Clarke Fraser while an undergraduate at Acadia University during the late 1930s-1940. They represent a variety of subjects, including zoology, physics, mathematics, and biology. Two notebooks date from his Med IV year (1949-1950) at McGill University’s Faculty of Medicine, one with ophthalmology lab and clinical notes and reading and lecture notes, and one an obstetrical diary from the Montreal Maternity Hospital. Also included is a later reprint of an article (published 1957), loose notes, and a photograph of F. Clarke Fraser and a companion dining at the Montreal restaurant Au lutin qui bouffe, famous for its resident piglet, which restaurant-goes were often photographed holding and feeding.
The fonds consists of two bound volumes of notes on Endocrinology (some handwritten, some typed) from 1938-1939 and 1941-1942 while Masson was a PhD candidate at McGill University. Lectures given by: J. S. L. Browne, H. Selye, D. L. Thomson, C. F. Denstedt, C. Lyman Duff, C. P. Leblond, D. McEachern, R. L. Noble. Also included are three volumes of published works.
The fonds also consists of three bound volumes of Masson's published work from various medical journals (published in France, Canada, and USA) between 1932-1959. The articles are mostly in English, and some are in French.
Fonds consists of photographs and other items that document the early career of Isadore Hirshberg while studying medicine at McGill University from 1909-1914, including 60 album-sized photographs, a framed group photograph of Hirshberg and Montreal General Hospital residents, Hirshberg's framed provincial medical certificate, and two certificates of residency. Subjects include Hirshberg and classmates; campus and student life; photographs of staff, doctors, and nurses in hospital settings, including two photographs of John McCrae at the Alexandra Hospital; and various views of McGill medical buildings and hospitals, including the new medical building at the time of construction in 1910, the Royal Victoria Hospital around 1910, and the Western Hospital in 1913. Two photographs features the medical school janitor James "King" Cook, a fixture of the school and a favorite with the students from the late 19th through the early 20th centuries. His wife was Frank Buller's housekeeper during Osler's time. Fonds also includes a large framed group photograph, Resident Medical Staff/Montreal General Hospital/1914-1915 by Wm. Notman & Son and Hirshberg's Quebec medical license issued by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Quebec and dated July 1914. Descriptions of the photographs where present are in Hirshberg's hand except in cases in which there were additional descriptions in the album. These were copied in pencil on the verso of the related photograph.
Fond contains solely glass slide negatives. Many slides depict the McGill campus between the years 1918-1921, including the Strathcona Medical Building, as well as the Royal Victoria Hospital. Other subjects include street scenes taken in Montreal after the end of the First World War and the Lockharts' family life during the early 1920s.
The fonds consists mainly of a bound notebook that Mussen kept with notes on his experimental investigations. Includes mounted photographs of brain specimens and animal subjects. Fonds also contains loose manuscript notes and two overhead projector transparencies.
The fonds shows W. G. Henry's activities as a medical student at the Toronto School of Medicine and then at the Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, from 1878-1883. The material consists of 18 printed cards made out in writing to W. G. Henry: 6 from the Toronto School of Medicine for the sessions 1878-79 and 1879-80 (1 proof of registration/lecture programme card, 5 admission tickets); 6 from the University of McGill College or Faculty of Medicine, 1880-1882 (4 admission tickets, a certification card, an initialed dissection examination card); 5 certification cards from the Montreal General Hospital, 1881-1883; an admission tickets for the "University Dispensary" (undated).